Every organization storing, transmitting or processing cardholder data must comply with Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) standard. This compliance to the standard is required, regulated and enforced by payment service corporations, such as VISA, MasterCard and American Express, both directly and through their partnerships with acquirer banks. The standard itself is administered by PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SCC) aiming to decrease payment card fraud across the Internet and increase the security of confidential payment card information.
This two-day training course builds a clear understanding of the PCI-DSS and empowers attendees to plan and deploy a cost-effective, time-efficient compliance project.
- Understand PCI-DSS requirements
- Recognize how to protect cardholder data at work
- Familiarize with common back office scenarios
- Securely work with vendors
- Securely process payment card transactions on the phone and online
- Value best practices for handling payment card information
- Comprehend how to report an incident
- Know how to securely process payment card in person
- Understand how to respond to payment card fraud
Individuals, professionals and organizations who are interested, involved or responsible for ensuring their organisations deployment and compliance to PCI-DSS standard technical and business requirements.
The course will be delivered with 30% of the time devoted to important concepts and other theory topics and 70% allotted for case studies, role-playing, and group discussion. Training lead will be assisted by presentation slides and actual demonstrations for clear understanding and smooth follow-through during the sessions.
Understanding Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- Understanding PCI-DSS Requirements, Objectives and Goals
- Comprehending Other PCI Standards and Programs
- Valuing Different Level of Compliance Needs for Merchants and Service Providers
- Identifying Common Fraudulent Practices
- Assessing Payment Card Security Features
- Identifying Card Security Features
- Identifying Payment Card Transaction Processes
- Knowing How to Protect Cardholder Data at Work and Point-of-Sale
- Knowing How Compliance and Incident Shall be Reported
- Identifying Retention, Access, and Distribution
- Valuing Work with Vendors
- Mastering 12 Standard Requirements